Source : M&K Update
Duration: 2 Days - Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30 - CPD Hours: 16 - Price: £270.00
A list of available dates can be found at the foot of this page.
For nurses, doctors and allied professionals working in a primary care setting who need to develop and enhance their head to toe assessment skills of a presenting child (not neonates).
The 2-day programme will cover common presentations, why children are different and the process of exclusion in making diagnosis as children often present with non-specific symptoms with both serious and non-serious illness.
"Very useful. Great tutor!"
"Excellent course, will feel more confident when I come to assess the child - thank-you!"
"Really useful, well run and interesting course!"
- Different parameters for ages
- Recognition of a sick child
- Paediatric history taking
- Introduction to paediatric physical assessment
- Examination of the lungs
- Cardiovascular assessment
- Abdominal examination
- Neurological examination
- ENT examination & emergencies
- Eye examination
- Putting it altogether
- Non-accidental injury guidelines
- Acute pain in children
Course aims and outcomes
- To discuss the format for physical examination and history taking.
- To explain the skills needed and knowledge underpinning physical examination.
- To demonstrate beginner level skills in the examination of 4 main systems of respiratory, cardiovascular, abdominal and neurological examination.
Course attended by